Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Smile...

“Smile is contagious, it starts an epidemic”

True, when you smile the people seeing your big bright smile would also be smiling back at you. A simple smile can make a gloomy day bright. But what is the significance of smile to a person?

Based on my own experience, smile has been my mask, my costume. It hides all my pains so that others wouldn’t see them. I hate it when people approach me and ask if they could do anything to help. I feel like I’m so weak, so inferior, so low and dependent. That’s why instead of showing them my true colours I show them that I’m fine. It doesn’t actually mean that we’re escaping from reality as my high-school teacher told me. We are just trying to set our problems aside to be able to look for a solution.

But, in my case, am I really looking for a solution? I don’t know really. I’m not sure if that’s what I’m doing. I believe I am just using it as a shield, not as a temporary costume. I say a shield because I just use it to protect my true self from other people’s concern. In contrast with a temporary costume, if that would be the case then I could easily change it into something else and everybody can see that change, and I’m not closing myself from other people’s concern.

I know it’s quite weird. I don’t even know why this has become of me. But there’s one thing I know I don’t need to hide. That is, that I’m never going to be smiling because of personal pleasure, only for either hiding my endless negativity or being able to make others happy.

No comments: