Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Writer’s Block…Or Is It?

I’m writing this…I want to write…this is something I want to…

Ok, ok, I’m currently in a state of crisis nowadays. I wanted to write again, to blog again and to experience the creation of art again whether it be literary or visual (although I’m recently more stoked on the literary side).

It’s weird that there are many ideas stuck in my head, many colorful thoughts just waiting to be inked on paper or typed in a blog. But what’s weirder is that I can’t seem to find the urge to actually do it. I mean, come to think of it, it has been more than a month since I last posted a blog entry but within that span of time I could have made approximately two posts a day if only I did write, type, inked, or whatever all of those thoughts running in my head.

I wonder why I never did. Is it because my blog might sound different again (even though I promised to change the way I make my posts)? Or is it because I simply am lazy to write again (after the stress I got when writing my thesis)?

I don’t know. But what I do know is, and I’m certain about this, that I want to write again whether it is poetry, blog, or even scripts. It seems like I am missing certain things I once abandoned as my life goes on – like drawing, singing, and writing. I wish I could quench this thirst for art I am having right now. I want to become an artist again, because that’s what I really am.

Kudos to all the Artists out there who have mastered their craft and never abandoned them in exchange for practicality! As for me, I’ll try to relive my artist’s soul and do well in my craft, just like the old days.

No comments: