Thursday, December 29, 2011

And It’s Making My Heart Cry…

We remember and we forget. It is human nature to keep things in their memories and let some of them slip away. Hence, we miss certain stuff that gets stuck on the littlest corners of our mind that had great impact on our lives in some ways.

Satisfying that missing feeling towards a person is, for lack of a better term, easier as compared to missing a memory. Many would have to disagree on this but (besides the fact that this is my blog and I can pretty much say my own opinion here) I believe this is a general possibility. Here are a few things for you to contemplate on and for me to prove my theory.

We all are capable of divine human interaction. Okay, so divine was not really necessary but I think it is more conspicuous if I wrote it that way. People have the capability to find ways in meeting up with friends long gone and moved on, family based in a random continent, or even pets lost in translation (at least in movies, these are a hundred percent true).

When it comes to memories or all other abstract things, we tend to satisfy that missing through simply reminiscing those times you have access on them. People nowadays have lots and lots to work on. We are living mostly to work for a living. So, there are some who spend most of their time working and the rest of their day remembering how they can do certain things before, the way they wanted to whenever they want.
… … …

I hope by now you realize that my post is not about all those stuff I just mentioned. It is probably a bit connected, but just a bit.

I miss a lot of things – like writing, family members abroad, charcoal drawing, school friends, [bad] dancing, old pets, and eating a perfect spinach ravioli – but what I miss the most among all other things is singing. I will admit I lost the ‘touch’ or whatever it’s called in singing well. But I always keep on wondering, dreaming even, whether I would have the chance to get a big break or work in the music industry some time in my life.

I grew up in a not-so-musically-inclined family. My dad plays the guitar, he taught my sister how to, my mom sang since she was in elementary (I think), my sister dances, I play the recorder, I’m a frustrated pianist, and yes I sang too since I was a kid. I had been singing since I can remember. I had been part of a school choir. I got trophies from singing contests, solo and duet categories. I pretty much sang my life through, well at least until I started college.

People may have noticed that I really like (love actually) watching musicals and concerts and gigs. I enjoy the simplest band performance, and I really love singing along with them or jamming with friends. I really like Glee too, because it reminds me of those days when I can sing in school (as in singing at school activities and such).

I stopped singing at a certain point of my life because of practical reasons. I thought my passion for the arts had nothing, in any way, to help me make a living – at least that was what the world taught me. Your passion can make you happy and help you express yourself, but it can never really get you the things the world demands from [and/or for] you.

My friends probably notice that when I get sulky I tend to bring out my iPod and listen to music. It keeps me sane, really. If I may quote one of my tweets, ‘music is my personal drug.’ Music helps me not to be frustrated with the life I chose for myself. It keeps me from thinking that passion has no room in this world if you want to live the better life. It stops all of my frustrations from bursting from inside of me and killing every practical choice I made.

I love singing and I will never stop doing so. Even though I ceased all possibilities for me to become a singer someday, at least I still have my shower head that never gets tired of listening to my once so amazing voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after reading this, or shall i say most of your blogs,...so proud of me as your mom. how time flies when you were still a kindergarten and wrote your first "storytelling a lie" as i always said...'bout the lost cat i think...and now you really matured as a writer, a good writer, really. so proud of you "bunso", i am...always :))