Tuesday, November 15, 2011

That Feeling… (part II)

I’m not really the type of writer who does follow-ups. Yet I’m writing this because of almost the same issue with the same person. (see here)
… … …

We have not seen nor contacted each other for a long time – or at least since that post happened. I was feeling lucky one day (because it was Peppero Day that time) and so far, that day was really full of fortunate events. Then you suddenly sent me a message. My lucky day went totally demented that moment. I didn’t really know what you were up to. It’s definitely not in your nature to send random “how are you?” messages to people you know. I couldn’t make my mind up if you were just really curious of how I’ve been doing or you were put up to it by [y]our friends. I decided to reply assuming you were not really serious with your question, thus I sent a stupid but concise answer.

I guess you not replying makes it safe for me to say my assumption was right. If someone was really serious with asking someone how they are doing, that person would have reacted on the stupid answer that person would get. Well, that’s just me talking. And yet I feel like I offended you by my response that you just didn’t feel like replying anymore. I really don’t know you that well after all.

If I were convinced by my assumption, I wouldn’t have written this post anyway. I’m totally confused about you. You seem to be annoying and arrogant and very proud whenever we’re together, but what are you really when I’m not around? I guess it was unfortunate for me to not have had the luxury of spending time with you and [y]our friends more. When I was with you guys I felt really isolated anyway. Now, I just feel even more left out. I guess I never really belonged.
… … …

Follow-ups, I think, are good every once in a while. Although they would probably be better if they were done in person, I still think this is a safer outlet of certain issues. Like what I said in an older post, I’m not really into social norms so I’d rather not talk to you about such mundane issues – at least that’s what I think you would think of these things. At the end of the day, I’d still be the one with bigger dilemmas and not you.

No comments: