Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bad Dreams

I woke up early this morning feeling really tired. Every detail of the situation was still very clear in my mind. I couldn’t seem to take whatever I saw then that I tried to go back to sleep facing the other side of the bed. But the dream went on. It was like I just paused a movie I was watching. Then I woke up again, checked the time and apparently, an hour had passed since I tried to sleep again. I sat up straight, took a deep breath, then went back to sleep.

Two hours had gone when my mom finally woke me up. I had plans on meeting up with my cousin today. As I opened my eyes, I realized my heart was racing. Apparently I still had the same dream, but this time I can’t remember everything. It was 4:50am, the wind from my window made my hair stand on end. I felt like I just ran several miles but without sweat.

I stood up, did some stretching and finally my heartbeat was normal again. But I was completely in a state of shock or something similar because as I went out of my room and tried to do my typical morning rituals, I was being attacked by my migraine. I felt queasy, my mind was not at ease. Everything felt surreal that time.
… … …

I’m pretty sure it was a bad dream. No, not a nightmare but a bad dream. It wasn’t scary at all, but rather it just gave me uncertainty. Uncertainty regarding life in general. It just made me feel uneasy on how I’ve been living my life. It made me wonder, have I been living it to the fullest? Am I really going to the right path?

Life is not easy, but that’s what makes it worth living. I think this has been an eye-opener for me because it made me reflect on things. Sometimes it’s really good to do some self-reflection for the growth of our soul.
… … …

But I still want to remember what that dream was about. I wouldn’t want it to return tonight when I close my eyes and fall asleep.

No comments: