Sunday, October 09, 2011

Is It Really That Mundane?

Ok so I’m writing this for the sake of someone who doesn’t really know me quite well but seems to be someone I can be good friends with. So for you, read this carefully so you would understand my side. And don’t judge me! :P
… … …

I am the type of person who has a really small personal space. Probably it is because I am touchy and I like hugging friends. But I have an issue when it comes to my hair. My vanity is one thing, but there’s another thing that, for a third-person’s point of view, would seem very mundane and silly.

To make it simple, I have an issue with someone petting my head. You see, this act – for me – has a deeper meaning as to what it ordinarily looks like for other people. Before, I tend to pet girls’ heads to show affection, but I only do that to girls who are smaller than me. I also do that to kids because I like kids. But there was a time that I realized how I never really liked it when someone does that to me, especially if this someone isn’t close to me yet. So I stopped doing that to everyone…except for kids, because they’re just so cute. :3

You see, based on my life story, I only allow a very few people to pet me on the head namely my dad, my sister, my high school soul brother, and one of my good friends from my org. The common thing they have as to why only they can do that to me is that they have a certain authority over me. In a more dramatic sense, I succumb to thee.
… … …

I am very protective with my hair. That’s why not everyone can pet me. But due to some recent events, I just had to be petted on the head by someone who is not really a close friend of mine. Certain people thought it was a pathetic issue, it wasn’t a big deal whatsoever. The thing is, I have a tendency to become a bit submissive to the person who does that to me. The issue there is that if it’s someone who doesn’t naturally have authority over me or probably I’m the one in authority, everything would definitely turn around. That was why I felt a bit awkward back then when we left for dinner. I felt like someone invaded that tinee-tiny personal space I allot to myself.

Someone said I looked rather ‘cute’ than annoyed by that event. But honestly, that is always how I am when I’m annoyed. Ok, so I am a bit childish…ok, not a bit, I am childish. But hey, that’s not my fault anymore. You got a problem with that huh? >:|

So, there. I guess if you see any awkward moments or any changes in the way I treat that person, you would now understand why. I can’t believe I’m actually explaining this again but hey, you made me do it. :P

No comments: