Thursday, October 06, 2011

自分の涙

I was a wimpy kid back then. I have a special talent of attracting accidents. When I start to play outside with friends or at school with my classmates, there was never a time I didn’t end up with a bruise or a wound. I guess you already got what I’m saying, I was surely a crybaby back then.
… … …

A certain Korean drama made me learn that tears are actually a symbol of sincerity. These tears usually fall for someone we have true feelings for. It is fun to assume that I have feelings for a lot of things (yeah, not people) because I can easily cry about certain things.

People actually think I never cry. As a man, I am barred to oblige by the norm wherein I must never cry or show my tears to anyone. But that’s just society talking. I don’t really like social norms. I struggle to break free from all of these pulling me down and making me do what is not in my nature. I’m a big crybaby, but I can’t be seen crying. So yeah, fml.
… … …

I always thought that I grew up strong and very resistant to negative feelings. Turns out I’ve been deceived by myself for I have become a very negative being. I thought that it would be hard to make me cry because for a long time, no one has ever made me cry, but I’m actually still a crybaby. I couldn’t believe that simple stories and movies have that special command over my tears and make them fall without my consent. Well, that’s a drag, isn’t it?
… … …

So this post has become more of a confession. I was a crybaby back then, and I can’t believe I still am now. The only difference is, my tears don’t fall because of wounds and bruises but rather of heartfelt movies and songs and stories. My love for the arts has become this strong that it can make me cry at the slightest touch. I guess it’s true, what they say, that only those that you truly love can make you cry.
... ... ...

here's a must-watch, you'll definitely cry. :) Taiyou no Uta

No comments: